Tricks and treats
Currently are 8 guests and 3 members online
Who is online
We have 8 guests and 3 members online
SIM SKUNK WORKS
Accessing to the whole site
TO ACCESS TO ALL SITE FEATURES,
ONE MUST BE A REGISTERED USER
REGISTERING TAKES A MINUTE AND IS FREE
WE REMIND TO OUR CUSTOMERS THAT ACTIVATION KEYS OF OUR MODELS ARE GENERATED MANUALLY USING OUR OWN SOFTWARE.
IN MOST CASES ACTIVATION KEYS ARE EMAILED SHORTLY AFTER RECEIPT OF THE REGISTRATION FILE, BUT PLEASE ALLOW A MAXIMUMUM OF 48 HOURS FOR THE PROCESS TO BE COMPLETED MOSTLY PENDING ON YOUR TIME ZONE AND OUR DUTY TIME SCHEDULE.
SIM SKUNK WORKS is..
.. a group of experts simmers for many years acting into the flight simulation field. We are aircraft engineers, programmers, CAD specialists, experts in computer graphics, former real fighter pilots, both military and civilian aircrafts pilots, that have decided to pool their expertise to produce highest fidelity software for flight simulators.
SSW HARRIER MLU version is out (FSX 3.3.1 / P3D 3.3.0)
SSW is proud to release his McDonnel-Douglas AV8-B II "Harrier" v. 3.3.0 in a completely revised version, the model is available for both FSX FSX/SE and P3D v. 3.x
- Compatible with both TacPack and vACMI
- Air to Air weapons: AIM9-L and gun
- Air To Ground weapons: MK82 SE, MK83, GBU 12 (vACMI only)
- Projected Moving Map Display, it uses real maps
- Internal model and externl model has been revisited making it much more eye-candy with new texture set.
- Adde new UBUNTU liveries for Spanish Armada
- Sound set completely redone sampled from real.
- Several other minor enhancements.
- It can be used with vACMI into JoinFS multiplayer net, not tested with TackPack.
- Is a new major version that requested a lot of work, we had to slightly modify Harrier price, customers that have purchased previous model and want buy new version will pay the difference beween what they have paid and the new prices (10 €), customers that have FSX version and want switch on P3D version will have a 15 € coupon, to have above discount please open a ticket in the help desk.
SSW ANNOUNCES MIRAGE F1 DEVELOPMENT
After the announcement of FIAT-AERITALIA G91-PAN-R1-R3 project, SSW is glad to announce that we have started also the development of DASSAULT MIRAGE F1.
Both projects will be developed in parallel so both models will be ready (almost) concurrently.
How to purchase / install
To correctly install this software please follow below steps.
- Add desired product(s) into your cart and complete the purchasing process
- UE countries where VAT applies
PROMOTIONS & DISCOUNT
- No promotions yet
After having purchased the product you receive an e-mail a message containing:
- the download link, (it can be viewed also into your personal "View my orders" under "How to" menu)
- The Order number (take note you will use later)
- The invoice
Download the installer from the provided link
There is a naming convention on installer: SSW-<product name>-X.Y.Z.exe
- X is the major version
- Y is the minor version
- Z is the patch (aka Service Pack) number
- There is a naming convention on installer: SSW-<product name>-X.Y.Z.exe
- The downloads are limited in number and period of availability, an user can download a product not more than 5 times in a period of three months from purchase.
Execute the installer and follow his instructions
- Users should run the installer by right clicking on .exe file and then clicking “Run as administrator”
- During installation you'll be prompted for a MSVC201<x> run-time library installation, answer yes if you are not sure if you have it or not, installation is safe, if you have a newer version it won't be removed (User that have installed previous SIM SKUNK WORKS products should have it already installed).
- Even if not strictly needed we suggest to download and install the latest free version of FSUIPC from Dowson's site at: http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html
REGISTERING THE PRODUCTS
- You will be prompted to register the model:
Fill all requested fields:
- Your email address (to be repeated)
- PayPal Transaction ID (get it from your PayPal notification message, reported also in our confirmation message)
- Order number (get it from our confirmation message or viewing your order list at SSW site)
- Hit on "Send activation request", a registration file based on your system information will be sent to SIM SKUNK WORKS
Soon you will receive a zipped file containing the activation key, unzip the file and double click the .reg file(s) received to activate the registry keys, this procedure is completely safe, alternatively right-click on the .reg file and choose "Open with.." regedit program.
- In most cases, activation keys are emailed shortly after receipt of the registration file and payment confirmation, but please allow a maximum of 48 hours for the process to be completed, mostly depending on our working times and time zones.
- Once registered and activated, the time limit on the model will be removed.
MISSED OR FAILED REGISTRATION
In this case is still possible register the model manually
- Run the simulator and load at least once our model
Watch at the main FSX/P3D folder looking for a file which file name begins with sswks. and ends with .ssw (for those with file extension enabled), file name should be something like this:
- sswks.<your pc name>.<model name>.ssw
- Registration files are generated each time you load the airplane
- If the file cannot be found contact us using "Help desk" menù.
KEY ACTIVATIONS AND INVALID KEYS
- Use of software is alwyays at user's risk
- Major hardware and/or software changes can cause the activation key to become invalid and the sim shuts down silently shortly after our model has been loaded, or enters into an irreversible pause.
- Please read "Refund policy" here
- FSX and P3D 2.x or 3.x can safely cohabitate, they need separate activation key that must be separately purchased
- P3D 2.x and P3D 3.x can safely cohabitate, the activation key can activate both models provided they are installed on same device
- 1st activation key on main PC purchased at full price
- 2nd and 3rd activation keys on different PC's purchased with a discount (generally 50%)
- 4th and following purchased at full price
- Sim Skunk Works encourages and support the born of organized units of simmers that likes make online sim activity using FSX/P3D multiplayer mode.
Our models require a system with these minimal characteristics:
- CPU: Intel / AMD multi core 4-8
- RAM: 4 Gbytes
- GPU: Nvidia with at least 1 GByte of RAM, DX10/11 compatible. other GPU as AMD Radheon are known to work correctly but are not supported by SSW.
- OS Windows 7 and later.
- Models for FSX require FSX ACC PACK
- Models for P3D require P3D version 1.4 (not longer supported)
- Models for P3D v2 require P3D v. 2.4 and newer (not longer supported)
- Models for P3D v3 require P3D v. 3.3.x and newer
- We can not guarantee that our models works perfectly on Mac models when run in Windos dual boot even if we have positive experiences on this, in any case will we make our best to support Mac users.
- SSW AV-B II Harrier Hotfix 1: it repairs a bug on standby attitude
- Visit: Service Packs->Hot fix
- SSW AV-8B II version 3.3.2 for FSX has been published, this version corrects some errors on previous version installer. Users that already onw this model will find the updated download link into their account under "View my orders".
January 29 2015, 07:30 ZULU, see Service packs
- This incremental version needs to be applied to vACMI version 1.6.7, it won't install on previous versions.
- It fixes a nasty and subtle bug able to clog the P3D server into multiplayer environment.
- Users that have problems with proper vACMI activation and connection in P3D v. 1.4 should try to donwload and substitute the legacy dll we provide into service packs.
- FROM OCTOBER 1ST 2014 WE DO NOT GIVE SUPPORT VIA E-MAIL ANY LONGER
- ALL REGISTERED SHOULD USE THE HELP DESK
- NON REGISTERED USERS MAY USE CONTAC@US
- ANY E-MAIL MESSAGE REQUESTING SOFTWARE SUPPORT WILL BE TRASHED
- The SSW support forum should be used to send questions, suggestions and complaints about the use of our models and report bugs in the general interest if any.