SIM SKUNK WORKS PANAVIA 200 "TORNADO" INTRODUCTION
SSW Tornado opens a new era in the development of add-ons for FSX and P3D; thanks to the excellent work of Marcin Lizer with his WebSimConnect and RedPanda developed by SSW many heavy processes can be moved out of the user area of FSX/P3D allowing unique features and performance previously unattainable.
Tornado is a complex airplane and a brand new software, despite our efforts and the hundreds of hours of testing it is possible that there is some minor problem as happens in all software, however we are ready to support you through the help desk and the issue of timely service packs
THE SSW DEVELOPING TEAM
LAST MINUTE PROBLEM
We discovered a subtle error on key generation.
Apologize for the inconvenience, we will publish a new BASE FILE INSTALLER soon.
THE TWO DIFFERENT SSW TORNADO VERSIONS
SSW Tornado will be released in two different versions for both FSX/SE/P3D 2.x, below is a a comparative table of the different features
|TORNADO IDS, ECR GR-1||
|MOVING MAP||NAV AUTO STEER MODE||
AFDS FULL IMPLEM
|TACPACK COMPATIBLE||vACMI COMPATIBLE||SYSTEM OPERATOR COCKPIT||SHARED COCKPIT||MULTIPLAYER OPTIMIZED|
|BASIC VERSION||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES (2)||YES||NO (1)||NO (1)||NO|
|ADVANCED VERSION||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES (2)||YES (3)||YES||YES||YES|
(1) Most of the features reserved to back seat man will be implemented using 2D pop up windows
(2) Not all weapons typical of Tornado could be implemented with TacPack, actually below wepon work with TacPack and SSW Tornado:
- MK82, MK 82SE, MK83
(3) Advanced version will implement also Kormoran, HARM and special weapon B61 (vACMI only)
FIRST VERSION INCOMPLETNESS
The serious health problem that has plagued our boss has delayed much the development process not allowing us to complete the 100% of systems, very complex, of this model. Therefore, even if it came out before end of the year, which is likey, the model will have some incompleteness of which we apologize since now, we will solve in the first service pack before mid/end of January 2016.
- Air refueling
- IFF panel, BRSC, CCS
and others minor that do not prevent use of the model to 100%.
On the last checks before release we discovered a subtle bug in the radar dll that can be a serious flaw, the bug could not corrected in short time so we decided to cut out the RWE feature, we will correct it as soon as possible.
We wish you all an Happy New Year !
/SSW Developing team
SSW TORNADO FEATURES
Below a list of most important features, some are considered unique of SSW Tornado
- Moving Map Display using real aeronuatical charts with super imposed airspaces, airports and navaids aeronautical layers
- Terrain following radar linked to flight director and autopilot, TFR is based on real SRTM elevation data
- Ground Mapping Radar with dynamically computed radar shadows
- NAV auto steering mode
- Dynamic Drag Index concept, external stores load/drop affect not only the weight but also the aerodinamic drag
- Wing sweep between 25 and 67 affect the aerodinamic behaviour changing the position of center of lift and inertia moments as well,
- Spin Prevention system
- TacPack and vACMI compatibility
- Pilot and system operator cockpits full operative in online cockpit sharing mode (Advanced version only)
- Optimized model for multiplayer to assure high FPS in online sessions, those model are named "UBUNTU"
- Tornado embedded tablet connected to a web site constantly updated, tablet will show normal and special procedures, new update and news of interest for users.
SSW TORNADO TABLET
It is an innovative way to mantain documents an procedures updated as well give tips and tricks to user, since it is connected to a web site is a live document, often updated. For you convenience here the link to our PA200 tablet that will be available also as an embedded 2D pop up window into the sim.
- BASIC VERSION FOR FSX ACC ACK/SE: will be released end of 2015 (tentative date not a promise)
- BASIC VERSION FOR P3D 2.5: will be released in late January 2016
- ADVANCED VERSION FOR FSX/SE: wil be released late February 2016
- ADVANCED VERSION FOR P3D 2.5: will be released late February 2016
SSW PANAVIA TORNADO requires a medium/high hardware, it runs nicely on an I5 at 2.6 ghz with at least 8 GB of RAM, highest performances achieved on an I7 3770 or above at 4.5 Ghz and at least 8 GB of RAM.
SSW PANAVIA TORNADO requires FSX ACC PACK, FS/FSE, P3D 2.5
SSW PANAVIA TORNADO is an huge model, it requires about 4 Gb of space when fully installed.
DISTRIBUTION FILES AND DOWNLOAD
In order to make the downloading and installation process as fast and simple as possible the distribution has been split into different files: (names are to be used as example and can be changed)
1. SSW TORNADO core files :
SSW_TORNADO_CORE_FILES_FSX_1.0.0.exe (39 MB), it contains SSW TORNADO core files, This installer must be purchased using the SSW Store, download link will be provided after purchase and can be found under "View my orders" menu item on SSW site
2. SSW TORNADO base files: SSW-TORNADO-FSX-BASE_FILES_1.0.0.exe (128 Mb), installer can be freely downloaded
3. SSW TORNADO common liveries: SSW_TORNADO_COMMON_TEXTURE_FSX_1.0.0.exe (357 Mb) , installer can be freely downloaded
4. SSW TORNADO terrain elevation files (SRTM), they cover Italy, Germany and United Kingdom, we will provide software and instructions to download coverage for others countries from the Net.
- SSW_TORNADO_TERRAIN_FILES_FSX_1.0.0.exe (253 Mb) , installer can be freely downloaded
- SSW_TORNADO_TERRAIN_FILES_FSX_1.0.1.exe (9 Mb) , installer can be freely downloaded this file is a completion of the above
5. SSW TORNADO MAP files:
a. Italy coverage: SSW_TORNADO_ITALY_MAP_FILES_FSX_1.0.0.exe (443 Mb), installer can be freely downloaded
b. Germany coverage: SSW_TORNADO_GERMANY_MAP_FILES_FSX_1.0.0.exe (483 Mb) installer can be freely downloaded
c. Unitd Kingdom coverage:SSW_TORNADO_UK_MAP_FILES_FSX_1.0.0.exe (266 Mb) installer can be freely downloaded
d. We will provide software and instructions to download coverage for others countries from the Net.
TABLE OF DOWNLOAD LINKS - click on buttons (not all available yet)
|CORE FILES 1.0.0||BASE FILES 1.0.0||LIVERIES 1.0.0||TERRAIN 1.0.0||TERRAIN 1.0.1||
|BASIC VERSION FSX||PURCHASE HERE||DOWNLOAD||DOWNLOAD||DOWNLOAD||DOWNLOAD||DOWNLOAD||DOWNLOAD||DOWNLOAD|
|BASIC VERSION P3D|
|ADVANCED VERSION FSX|
|ADVANCED VERSION P3D|
INSTALL ORDER (IMPORTANT)
Downloaded installers should be run "as admin" in this order:
- Base files
- Core files
- Terrain files
- Map files
During the execution of Base files installer you will be prompted to install various things:
- A request to configure SimConnect, we suggest to answer yes to the prompt
- A request to install MSVC 2012 runtime library, this library is needed, answer yes if you are not sure to have it, if it is present you will be prompted to cancel the installation.
- A Dos window will be opened to show you that the installer has installed new fonts required by Tornado, at the end press a key to finish the font installation
- A prompt to request activation key, key is needed to operate with Tornado without time limit, answer yes
- A dialog window will request to fill fields with your mail address, PayPal transaction ID and Order number, only your mail address is compulsory, others can be filled with random numbers, click on "Send activation request" button
- This concludes the installation base files, you will receive via mail your activation key.
- In most cases, activation keys are emailed shortly after receipt of the registration file and payment confirmation, but please allow a maximum of 48 hours for the process to be completed, mostly depending on our working times and time zones.
- Once registered and activated, the time limit on the model will be removed.
- For more detailed instructions refer to "How to purchase/install our models"